Job- Internal / Credit Controller.
Schedule- Full time.
Location- Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Posting- 28th March, 2018.
Closing Date- 17th April, 2018.
- Monitoring and follow up on customer’s credit situation by reviewing Receivables from time to time.
- Dealing with internal enquiries relating to payments, ensuring customers pay on time and channelling re-payment plans to Executive Management through the Financial Controller.
- Ensuring customers’ debts are paid in a timely manner.
- Meeting cash & debtor collection targets set by the Firm.
- Follow up on overdue invoices via telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales and maintaining regularly contact with customers to ensure all due debts are paid on or before due dates.
- Maintain accurate records of all activity.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose actions to avert bad debt.
- Handle disputed bills through proper reconciliation and follow up to bring payment within the agreed terms.
- Respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries on customers’ debts/receivables.
- Propose to Executive Management for approval through the Financial Controller the write off of irrecoverable receivables/debts.
- Providing ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Send out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
- Other duties as delegated from time to time by the Financial Controller or Finance Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
- To identify any customers that have stopped paying or pay late and liaising with the respective Business unit Manager the next step either recommending a stop in service or start a legal action to collect the money owed.
- To regularly review the company’s debt recovery procedures.
- Ensure total adherence to the company policy and procedures.
- Daily review/check of posting done by Finance staff to facilitate early detection of errors.
- Conduct periodic (monthly) stock taking. He/ she will agree physical stock to the systems records and differences if any must be investigated and resolved.
- Continuous review of processes in order to ensure that inherent process gaps that could lead to error and fraud are closed out immediately once noticed.
- Check and ensure that are no wastages and leakages in our admin and procurement transactions.
- Review of bank charges on monthly basis in order to ensure early detection and to ensure that wrong charges are immediately reversed by banks.
- Fixed assets verifications.
- Review and ensure compliance to regulations and laws governing oil and gas industry.
- To carry out investigation of abuses, error, fraud etc., recommend according to human resources sanction grid and report same directly to the CEO for immediate action.
- To check and ensure that all statutory deductions as taxes are remitted as and when due.
- To render weekly exceptions report with appropriate recommendations.
KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Computer literacy, experience in using computer system, Word and Excel.
- Good understanding of financial accounting, Fraud auditing, Data mining and analytic, risk management assurance and business processes.
- Managerial skills.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, clear presentation and reporting skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High standard of numeracy, accuracy with attention to detail.
- Service-oriented and proactive team player.
- Outgoing and confident personality who is able to operate at all levels.
- Willingness to make decision.
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Able to motivate and challenge team members.
- Minimum of 7 years in auditing and credit collection management with at least 2 years managerial experiences from a consulting or Oil / Gas industry.
- Proven track record in effective credit management.
Degree in Finance or Accounting Economics with certification; ICAN, ACA, ACCA and CISA. Master degree / MBA will be an added advantage.
Click here or send an email with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org