Job- Legal / Compliance Officer
Schedule- Full time.
Posting- 29th March, 2018.
Closing Date- 18th April, 2018.
- Develop, maintain and review policies for Compliance Program’s general operation to prevent improper, unethical and illegal conduct.
- Monitor organization-wide compliance with internal operational procedures and create a culture of compliance.
- Provision of prompt legal advice as required on the Company’s legal/corporate structure, business and operation.
- Reviewing all documentation and vetting of the Company’s agreements that has legal implications for the company prior to signing and implementing.
- Process Documentations/oversee processes that ensure company meets it compliance obligations under relevant laws and the requirements of regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that Nigeria content development certifications & obligations are met.
- Assist in Tenders and Bids that require legal and compliance inputs
- Drafting and implementation of the terms of agreements in all business contracts and agreements.
- Provision of legal support in controlling customer complaints to mitigate the risk of litigation.
- Conducts preliminary study of cases submitted to the staff arising from infractions of the law, makes preliminary decisions about actions to be taken and prepares drafts for submission to superior.
- Collaboration with internal audit unit and informing the unit of any findings as regards non-compliance that may require investigation.
- Prepare petitions on behalf of the company within regulatory timeframes.
- Provides legal advisory and counselling on other official matters.
- Liaise with external company legal advisor in the best interest of Librod.
- Ensure adherence to Librod’s QHSE policies.
- Any other assigned assignments
KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Computer literacy, experience in using computer system, Word and Excel.
- Fully conversant with, Corporate Affairs, NCD, Labour Law, Commercial & Company legal acts/enacts and other regulatory Directives and Guidelines.
- Good understanding of Compliance activities in Financial Services/ Oil & Gas Industry.
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Excellent communication & Presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Quick learner, comfortable dealing with ambiguous and fluid situations.
- Ability to multi-task; juggle multiple deliverables and perform under very demanding conditions.
- Independent, excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- High level of passion, creativity, inquisitiveness and self-confident.
- Service-oriented and proactive team player.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with at least 2 years compliance experience within the financial services, Legal environment and preferably Oil & Gas Experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Law, Political Science, International Relations or related discipline.
Click here or send an email with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com